At Bobbett and Associates, we do all we can to help our clients see the highest return on their investments, and we do so by advising them on key improvements they can make upon listing their home that enable us to ask a higher asking price than we might otherwise be able to.
Our latest renovation project is an exciting one. We were called by an out-of-area property owner who was looking to sell a very special house – a property in the Golden Hills neighborhood that’s been in the same family since it was built in 1956.
The home was in need of some strategic improvements to ensure we would be able to maximize the current market value. With a firm budget of $10,000 or less, and with a 12-day timeframe to complete the upgrades, we certainly have our work cut out for us!
We are in the process of completing the following improvements:
- Refinishing the beautiful original hardwood floors throughout
- Full interior painting, including painting of the original kitchen cabinets (this is a fantastic way to update a kitchen without spending a lot of money, we’ll finish the cabinets off with new hinges and hardware as well)
- New tile floor in master bathroom
- Various handyman fixes from plumbing to electrical as needed
- Light landscape clean-up in the backyard and removal of an old metal patio cover
Once these projects wrap, the final steps will be a full house cleaning and then home staging by Martina (a complimentary service provided by Bobbett & Associates). A professional shoot with a real estate photographer will allow us to show off our beautifully updated home in the best possible light.
Without the improvements, the home would likely sell at $625,000 or less. But with a strategic budget of $10,000, we hope to get well over $720,000 for the home, in other words, a net gain of $85,000 to our home seller!
We can’t wait to show off the huge improvements at this house when we go to market in a few short weeks. Stay tuned for an update on how everything turns out.